Resetting your password manually
- Please be on campus when you change your password as that will ensure your computer changes passwords correctly
- If you would like to reset your password before it expires, please go to this website https://selfservice.tamdistrict.org/
- Select the 2nd option which is "Change Password"
- Follow the prompts to change your password
- Please continue at Updating your Password in Applications
Setting Your Password After it Expires
- Please be on campus when you change your password
- Log off of your Mac, and then log back in
- Once you log back in, you will see a "Reset Password"
- Input your new password and click on "Reset Password"
- You have now changed your password! You will now need to update it in a few applications
Updating your Password in Applications
- Microsoft Outlook - If you use the Outlook application, it will prompt you to put in your new password. Fill in your new password and click "Sign in". Please note - If you use Outlook on your phone, you will be prompted to update your password there too
- Wi-Fi Credentials - You may be prompted to update your WiFi credentials. Put in your username (do not include @tamdistrict.org), put in your new password, and then click "OK"
- Google Chrome - If you are logged in to Google Chrome, you will notice on that your sync is "Paused". Click on your portrait where it says "Paused" and sign in using your new password.
- Keychain - If you have saved passwords, you may be prompted to reset your keychain after logging in. Click on "Update Keychain Password" and put in your old password.
- You're all set on your Mac! Please make sure to update your password on your phone and any devices you have at home. Please see this article for those steps: Updating your Password on your Phone/Tablet